Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Statement
1 January 2015
Reviewed Feb 2017
Charlbury Riverside Festival Riverside Festival aims to provide a wide platform for young musicians to experience large open air audiences. Our aim is to –
• Provide the best possible sound and staging to enhance the performance
• Encompass the widest range of music styles
• Give the local community a wonderful weekend of music and entertainment
• Provide a safe environment following WODC guidance
• Keep the festival free for the public
There is no membership as we openly encourage people to help with the festival
• Charlbury Riverside Festival respects the rights, dignity and worth of every person and will treat everyone equally within the context of our activities regardless of age, disability, gender, race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexuality or social/economic status.
• We are committed to everyone having the right to enjoy the festival and associated activities in an environment free from threat of intimidation, harassment and abuse.
• All members have a responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviours and promote equality of opportunity.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Our policy is to ensure that no volunteer, member, or participant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of ethnicity, religion/faith, age, gender/gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation or disability, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown as justifiable. Selection criteria and procedures are regularly reviewed to make sure that individuals are selected and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.
The committee is committed to a programme of action to make this policy effective.
We recognise that prejudice and discrimination continues to result in unfair treatment for many people, and are committed to addressing this by:
• Ensuring the effectiveness of our action to make this policy effective
• Being clear and open about our values and promoting them
• Listening, learning and taking action to bring about change.